- Well last week was interesting. The repost of the Tim Keller interview created for some big traffic days, have you seen it yet?
- I used this video with my high school students.
- If you aren’t apprenticing/discipling someone you are not only wasting your time, you are wasting someone else’s time.
- The Red Sox sent three big time players and about $250 Million in salary to the Dodgers, for a starter and four prospects. Those big free agent contracts were “sunk costs” think of logo you paid big bucks for that’s getting tired or that hire that isn’t working out. You can either stick with it trying to get your money out of it or cut your losses. Smart leaders cut more than they stay.
- Bachman’s “spiritual hurricanes” #smh
- Donald Miller has a new project and it involves the “cloud”. I’m in.
- Setting Rookie Pastors up for success.
- Still don’t know why Tebow went to the Jets. Seems to me that he should have sought an opportunity to start. I think location is not the key to expanding his platform, it is his completion percentage and shutting up the critics.
- Stetzer on Mormonism and Romney.
- It was someone’s job at Google to watch and remove all the horrible things on the internet. Horrible like suicide and child pornography. Interesting what it did to the individual. (link contains NSFW language.)
- Don’t kill your church plant, really good stuff for anyone starting something new.
- Speaking of Romny we were trying to find room for our dog on a recent road trip… she stayed at my parents.
- Reasons why kids leave the church.
- I think we need a new definition of hostility.
- Genius Evernote hack for the book nerd.
- Why your mom is the only one reading your blog. Hi Mom!
- The preacher who punches and kicks people as he performs healings, has been barred from entering Great Britain. Hail Britannia!
- I once sat behind Tim Schraeder at a conference and didn’t get up the nerve to tell him how helpful his work is, you should read his stuff especially now since he is relaunching.
- ChurchMag got me thinking about sunk costs (see above).
- Folks thinking about church planting get turned out into the cold, horrible.
- So there are apparently a bunch of multi-site churches out there. Speaking of I know there are critics of the model, but who are the reputable ones out there (honest question) send me a link in the comments.
- Bono says something very Bono-esque about art and the church.
- Have you lost your ministry passion?
- A free eBook summarizing the Summit.
- When someone comes to your church’s website would you like to know what pages they visit?
Monday Morning Quick Hits
Be the first to start the conversation.